This is 2014. What are the best 5 small business ideas for the year? What business model would top the ideas list this 2014? What financial trends would yield the highest returns this 2014? This, and many more have occupied your thinking of late – no doubts. Worry no more! Today, I’m going to discuss the 5 best small business ideas for 2014. If you’re smart (or have been looking forward to such an opportunity), behold, your opportunity!
What are the ideas?
5 Best Small Business Ideas For 2014
Importation Of Consumer Goods
One of the best small business ideas for 2014 is importation of consumer goods. The importation of consumer goods would occupy centre stage in the business life of many countries especially developing ones. And there would sure to mega bucks to be made in the business.
But why the prediction of mega bucks for consumer goods? You may ask.
Simple. Quite simple really.
As people make more money, they want to really spend it – and spend it fast! However, there is always a caveat: the expenditure has to be on something they can easily beat their chest and say: ‘I did that’ or ‘I bought this’. And that’s where consumer goods come in.
Secondly, 2014 promises to be a year that would witness unprecedented breakthroughs in science and general manufacture. The implication of this for business is that there would be more buying options for the consumers with options and products they probably haven’t seen. Great chances are that top dollar would be spent.
So, where would you get your stock? Try the Asians – or if you live close to a coastal town, you can get good consumer goods at quite ludicrous prices: the profit margin would literarily make you go gaga!
This is the first small business idea for 2014; the finest and one of my favorites!
Blogging used to be done some few years back simply for the fun of it – not anymore. Now, it is quite a big business with which many have actually leveraged to quit their day jobs! This has been made possible by the plethora of ways with which money can actually be made with a blog…those ways have already doubled, making blogging one of the best small business ideas for 2014.
The number of ‘bloggers’, understandably, will rise in 2014 and the new entrants on WordPress and Blogger would be intimidating – but that should not scare you. Many of the bloggers are in the business for the wrong reasons and have quite poor conceptions of what it takes to be a blogger.
Are you ready?
As more persons actually turn webmasters, there is going to be a really great demand for webhosting companies in 2014. It would please you to know that many of the newbie bloggers would be more comfortable hosting their blogs with local hosting companies because of their general gross inexperience with website hosting matters and credit cards.
That is where you come in and exploit the small business idea inherent in this entry. For a fairly cheap amount, you could buy a reseller plan from any of the big hosting companies and set up your own ‘mini hosting company’. You’d be pleasantly surprised how far this can really take you.
Academic Writing Services
As the world become globalized, more and more students are realizing that they cannot combine the expectations of a 21st century youth with that of dedicated student. But since they are interested in what the two worlds have to offer, they are increasingly finding themselves delegating.
And then delegating some more!
If you are academically savvy, then you should start for yourself a small academic writing business this 2014. This could be done via companies like Academic Experts or through the local universities and colleges closest to you!
You’d be pleasantly surprised you were missing out on a great small business idea in 2014 by not leveraging you intellectual powers for financial gains!
Slightly different from the business model of writing academic or term papers for students is the idea of tutoring. This business model, is sure one of the best small business ideas for 2014 for good reasons:
- As the standard of education drops every year, parents consciously search for tutors to help with their kid’s academic work.
- Most of the teachers teaching in our public schools are themselves distracted and poorly remunerated and encouraged. This actually ensures that they bring out anything but their best. This creates wide margins for private tutors.
- As students are easily distracted these days, there exists a very large (and intimidating) need for someone (a tutor) to digest all the materials they need for them or in plainer terms, spoon feed them. Such workload is usually outside the standard curriculum and that is where a tutor comes in.
- For optimal performance, even the best of students need special attention especially when major external examinations are to be taken…that is where you fit in.
What are the small business ideas for 2014 that I have missed out? Let’s discuss in the comments section. If I’ve not left out anything, it’s time to share. Or, what do you think?
Latest posts by Akaahan Terungwa (see all)
- BLOGGING MISTAKES AND LESSONS: 10 + 1 THINGS I DID POORLY THAT COST ME MONEY! - September 10, 2014
- GOOD BOOKS ON MONEY: 3 BEST PERSONAL FINANCE BOOKS OF ALL TIME - August 27, 2014
- HOW YOUR BLOG MAKES YOU POORER (AND WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT) - August 20, 2014
- 5 NASTY HABITS THAT KEEP YOU POOR FOREVER (AND HOW YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF) - August 13, 2014
- ELIMINATING POVERTY WITH ‘THE FAST LANE BLUEPRINT’ - July 28, 2014